a touch of mayo
tucked in a Portuguese roll
hugging grilled chicken
hot roasted peppers
slipped on top mozzarella
Melted. Juicy. Yum.
Happy National Sandwich Day!
This days has to do with celebrating convenience food, and #OnFridaysWeHaiku, so I must ask you: What else could I do?
If you were looking to make this delightful sandwich for yourself, you will need:
- chicken breast filets, sliced or pounded thin
- jarred roasted peppers (fresh peppers can be substituted once grilled or sautéed, of course)
- mozzarella cheese, I usually use shredded
- Portuguese rolls –> substitute if you must, but these are really the best texture
- Adobo seasoning, or salt & pepper
It’s rather self-explanatory, but if you need the method to this sandwich madness:
- Season one side of chicken and place on hot grill pan, then season the other side
- remove peppers from the jar, place on another part of the grill or in a separate pan
- warm rolls, but do not split them
- sprinkle mozzarella on top of the peppers
- once the chicken in cooked, remove rolls from warmer, split open, and smear a touch of mayo
- I prefer these open-faced, so top each side of the roll with a slice of chicken, maybe another sprinkle of cheese, and flip one of the cheese-covered peppers on top.
- serve with chips, a side salad, or enjoy all on its own